Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Aran Islands



We took the ferry to the largest of the Islands - Inishmore with eyes closed to avoid sea sickness. Thankyou Hiro for also taking the opportunity to sleep. We spent a relaxed few hours there on a minibus tour, stopping here and there to walk up to the remains of a cliff fort (and scare each other by going too close to the edge).







.

We enjoyed a big lunch and after surveying the very "Oirish" souvenirs, clambered back on the ferry just as the weather started to turn.
I have never felt so sick. We all gritted our teeth and after about 90 minutes were back on (and almost kissing) dry land.
Ronan killed me when he said that he actually fancied one of the hot dogs he could smell cooking in a roadside truck. LOL. I think we all perked up a bit when we realised that we had all been in the same...er well you know what I mean...

2 comments:

verniciousknids said...

Sounds like a heap of fun...I think I need a holiday now!

Alex, Chiyo, Hiroki and Kei said...

Ireland ROCKS!! I recommend it to everyone. We were of course also lucky to be in such fine company.